We bet you know an educator who fits the criteria for MAMLE’s newest award–Promising Middle Level Educator:
- Nominee has one to five years of education experience
- Nominee is currently teaching at the middle level
- Nominee is a member of MAMLE (a teacher is a member or his/her school is a member)
The recipient of this award practices the following Core Beliefs of MAMLE:
- Meets the developmental needs of young adolescents
- Enjoys teaching middle level learners
- Participates in professional development
- Promotes a healthy learning environment for students and colleagues
- Uses research to guide practice and make instructional decisions
- Invites participation by students, parents, and/or the community
- Incorporates technology effectively to enhance learning experiences
Who in your school meets these criteria? Download the nomination form: PromisingMiddleLevelEducatorAward. The deadline for submissions is June 1, 2014. The award(s) will be announced at the MAMLE Annual Conference in October at Point Lookout. Shhhh….it will be a surprise to the honorees so don’t tell them you are nominating them!
Recognize the hard work of your exemplary new teachers with this award! Questions? Email MAMLE’s Executive Director, Dr. Wally Alexander: firstname.lastname@example.org.