MAMLE has been very fortunate to have Dr. Wally Alexander serve as our Executive Director for the last 20+ years. He is stepping down from this position and we are conducting a search for a new Executive Director.
Job Description: The Maine Association for Middle Level Education (MAMLE) is looking for a part-time Executive Director. The Executive Director reports to an elected Board of Directors.
The job responsibilities include:
- All correspondence related to the Association
- Overseeing all aspects of an annual conference
- Representing MAMLE at various forums
- Maintaining membership records
- Communication with membership
- Production and distribution of electronic newsletters and other mailings
- Assisting with setting the agenda and locating sites for BOD meetings
- Knowledge of young adolescent development, middle school philosophy, and the history and research related to the middle school movement are highly desirable.
This position provides an honorarium of $10,000 annually with the possibility of increases.
If you are interested, please send a letter of interest and an up-to-date resume to President John Keane (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 3:00pm on January 6, 2017.