MAMLE presents three awards annually:Janet Nesin Reynolds Outstanding Educator (More than 3 years experience)
Promising Middle Level Educator (preservice senior to 3 years experience)
Exemplary Practice (Individuals, teams and/or schools whose educational practices exemplify excellent middle level education in the state of Maine.)
All of these awards honor Maine middle level educators who exemplify MAMLE’s belief that effective schools and educators …
1. Meet the developmental needs of young adolescents.
2. Promote local professional development.
3. Promote a healthy work environment for both students and staff.
4. Exemplify high standards based on research.
5. Invite high participation by students, parents and/or community.