MAMLE’s Core Beliefs:
An exemplary middle grades school must…
1. Meet the developmental needs of young adolescents.
2. Promote local professional development.
3. Promote a healthy work environment for both students & teachers.
4. Exemplify high standards based on research.
5. Invite active participation by students, parents and/or community.
… that young adolescents undergo profound changes in intellectual, physical and emotional development. These changes require schools with programs and learning opportunities that are responsive to the developmental needs of 10-15 year olds.
…that those working with young adolescents must understand and be sensitive to the unique needs of this age group in order to ensure their intellectual, physical, and emotional growth.
…that learning about and responding to the individual and group interests and needs of students enhances their academic success.
…that all young adolescents can learn and will respond to high academic expectations when they participate actively in their own learning.