Many of us have just started summer vacation and are not thinking about the beginning of next year, but it will be here before we know it! As you are sitting back to reflect and relax, please consider sharing your experiences with other middle level educators across our state this fall. We all have ideas and resources to help each other grow and meet the unique needs of young adolescents.
The annual MAMLE Conference is October 19th & 20th at Point Lookout. This year’s theme is: “Middle School, Transitional, Innovative, Transformational…A Maine Event”. We would love to see you there as a participant or presenter. If you are interested in presenting, please complete the “Intent to Present Form”.
Questions about presenting or nervous about sharing what you do? Feel free to reach out to Co-Conference Chairs, Erin Hoffses (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lindsay Mahoney (email@example.com)
MAMLE has been very fortunate to have Dr. Wally Alexander serve as our Executive Director for the last 20+ years. He is stepping down from this position and we are conducting a search for a new Executive Director.
Job Description: The Maine Association for Middle Level Education (MAMLE) is looking for a part-time Executive Director. The Executive Director reports to an elected Board of Directors.
The job responsibilities include:
- All correspondence related to the Association
- Overseeing all aspects of an annual conference
- Representing MAMLE at various forums
- Maintaining membership records
- Communication with membership
- Production and distribution of electronic newsletters and other mailings
- Assisting with setting the agenda and locating sites for BOD meetings
- Knowledge of young adolescent development, middle school philosophy, and the history and research related to the middle school movement are highly desirable.
This position provides an honorarium of $10,000 annually with the possibility of increases.
If you are interested, please send a letter of interest and an up-to-date resume to President John Keane (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 3:00pm on January 6, 2017.
Have you applied to present at this year’s annual conference? This year’s theme is “Success at the Summit: Moving Learners Forward”. Share with other middle level educators how you engage, excite, and meet the needs of each and every learner in your classroom!
- Presenting makes you reflect on your teaching
- It validates your work
- Professional Development
- You receive feedback to help you grow
- Looks good on your resume
- It’s fun!